Advancing Excellence in Sexual and Gender Minority Health is a national CME course developed in response to a high volume of queries from clinicians and health care staff seeking to learn about providing high-quality care for patients who identify as a sexual or gender minority.
March 20, 2020 - March 22, 2020 - Boston Park Plaza Hotel
This conference is designed to train the whole health care team in providing competent, confident and affirmative health care, grounded in research evidence and best clinical practices. Sessions are led by expert faculty specialized in sexual and gender minority research and patient care. The conference will include didactic presentations as well as interactive panels and case discussions.
Conference topics include:
- Achieving Health Equity: Terminology, Demographics, Stigmas and Disparities
- Creating a Welcoming and Inclusive Environment
- Behavioral Health for LGBTQ Patients
- Primary Care and Preventative Health Needs of LGBTQ Patients
- LGBTQ Youth and Adolescents
- LGBTQ Older Adults
- Obstetrics and Reproductive Options for LGBTQ People
- HIV/STI Treatment and Prevention for LGBTQ People
- Collecting Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Data
- Sexual Health and Fulfillment
- Implicit and Unconscious Bias
The conference is appropriate for all members of health care teams, including physicians, behavioral health care providers, physician assistants, nurses, and other staff.