COVID-19 LGBTQIA+ ECHO
The COVID-19 LGBTQIA+ ECHO is designed to meet the emerging needs of LGBTQIA+ people during the COVID-19 pandemic. Monthly sessions combine brief didactics with health center-led case-based learning and will be facilitated by a team of medical and behavioral health clinicians. COVID-19 disproportionately affects people from racial and ethnic minority groups due to deep-rooted inequities in health and social systems. LGBTQIA+ Black and African American, Hispanic, Indigenous and Two Spirit community members face increased barriers to care. The curriculum will include specific sessions on the unique challenges faced by members of these communities, and additional sessions will focus on LGBTQIA+ older adults, people with HIV, sexual health and other relevant and timely topics. Additional information will be given on best practices for reaching LGBTQIA+ populations for health care using telehealth, including barriers to telehealth care, such as access, outreach, and health navigation challenges.
COVID-19 LGBTQIA+ ECHO Learning Objectives:
- Improve my ability and my organization’s ability to provide affirming care for LGBTQIA+ patients.
- Build relationships with other organizations that will facilitate peer learning experiences, both during the ECHO sessions and beyond.
- Develop and refine strategies that enable my organization to best meet the needs of LGBTQIA+ patients during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Who should participate?
- Providers who are currently providing care to LGBTQIA+ patients.
- Health Center Staff with an ability to commit to 6 two-hour sessions in 6 months.
- Providers with an interest in the opportunity to tap into the collaborative power of health center teams and public health experts.
Are you currently participating in the COVID-19 LGBTQIA+ ECHO? If so, click below for access to recordings, survey links and additional resources.
Are you interested in applying for the COVID-19 LGBTQIA+ ECHO? Please click on the application link below.
For more information on the COVID-19 LGBTQIA+ ECHO program, email firstname.lastname@example.org.