This year’s conference will take place virtually from October 17th – 19th, 2020.
Advancing Excellence in Transgender Health was developed in response to the high volume of queries from clinicians and health care staff seeking to learn about providing high-quality care for adults, adolescents, and children who are questioning their gender identity or who identify as transgender or gender-diverse.
This conference is designed to train the whole health care team in providing responsive and confident gender-affirmative health care, grounded in research evidence and best clinical practices. Sessions are led by expert faculty specialized in transgender-focused research and patient care. The conference is appropriate for all members of health care teams, including physicians, behavioral health care providers, physician assistants, nurses, and other staff.
Conference topics will include:
- Gender-Affirmative Health Care: Terminology, Demographics, and Epidemiology
- Gender Identity Development in Children and Adolescents
- Transgender Adults Community Panel
- Family Systems of Transgender Children
- Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention of Sexually Transmitted Infections for Transgender People
- Behavioral Health Assessment and Referrals for Gender-Affirming Surgery
- Primary Medical and Preventative Care Needs of Transgender Clients
- Reproductive Options for Transgender Persons
- Gender-Affirming Hormone Therapy
- Behavioral Health Care for Gender-diverse Children and Adolescents
- Transgender Youth Community Panel
- PrEP and Transgender Communities: Evidence-Informed Practices
- Gender-Affirming Surgeries
- Collecting Gender Identity Data in EHRs
- Transgender and Gender-diverse People of Color
- What Health Care Providers Need to Know about Transgender Legal Issues
In addition to didactic presentations, attendees will learn from panels of transgender community members and have the opportunity to engage in interactive case discussions that highlight medical and behavioral health approaches to gender-affirmative care, led by experienced clinicians specialized in transgender health.
For more information, including the agenda, fees, and CME/CEU information, please visit the Harvard Medical School course page here.
For questions and inquiries, please contact us.